My (New) English Teacher Sample Letter

 

Write a letter to your friend telling him/her about your English teacher at school. Use the ideas given below.                                                              

Þ What the name of your teacher is

Þ how old he or she is

Þ how he or she looks like

Þ where he or she lives

Þ how he or she treats his/her students

Þ why you like your teacher

Þ add anything else you wish to say


 My (new) English Teacher

No. 7, Yellow Avenue,
Green Quarter,
Red Township,
Mandalay,
22.2.2022

Dear Moe,

How are you? I hope you are fine and having a good time with your new friends in the new atmosphere. As for me, I am very well, and I am OK with my new classmates and the class teacher and other subject teachers. Now, I am writing from school to tell you about my English teacher.

My English teacher from this new school is called U Khon Min Set, but every student calls him Sayar Khon. I think he is in early his forties. However, he looks younger than other teachers in their forties. He is a very nice man with short black hair and bushy eyebrows. The most striking characteristics of him are his eyebrows and lips. He’s got bushy eyebrows and got full lips. He has got fair skin and he wears glasses. He doesn’t wear glasses, but I think he wears contact lenses. Sayar Khon usually dresses very simply, but he always tries to look neat. He usually wears shirts with long sleeves and trousers. For footwear, he proudly puts on slip-on shoes or monk-strip shoes. It’s because his wife presented him for his birthday! If I am not mistaken, he lives with his wife and two children in Mandalay. Of course, I like him a lot. There are two reasons why I like him. The first reason is that he is a nice and very friendly person. He treats all the students as equals. The second reason is his teaching style. He usually teaches the classes in informative and entertaining ways. Truly, I and all my classmates like Sayar Khon except that he always keeps us busy with tests, quizzes, and homework.

Do you have your favorite teacher at school too? If yes, write back to me about him or her. I’ll be looking forward to receiving your letter.

Your beloved friend,

Ko Ko Sai

Comments