How I spent my December holidays - Letter Writing

 

How I spent my December holidays

 

No. 7, Yellow Avenue,
Green Quarter,
Red Township,
Mandalay,
22.2.2022

Dearest Lynn,

I hope this letter finds you in good spirits and health. As for me, I am very well, but I miss you and all my teachers from the old school. Now, I am writing this letter to you to tell you how I spent my December holidays.

I spent my holidays in Yangon. I went there with my family on the first day of the holiday, the 22nd of December. We took the 9.00 a.m. flight to Yangon and landed there at 9.45. I met my long-lost relatives: My aunt Su Yadanar Moe and her children Hnine Tu Aung and Shwe Yee Win at the airport. On the way to my aunt’s condominium, I noticed that Yangon had changed a lot. I saw the heavy traffic and beautiful modern tall new buildings. I stayed with my aunt’s family and Shwe Yee Win shared her room with me. I spent most of my time in Yangon with my cousins. I visited pagodas, popular supermarkets and parks, and the zoo with them. In most evenings, I had a small talk with my aunt, or I played online games on the computer with my cousin. My stay in Yangon wasn’t long; I stayed there for a week. I went back to Mandalay on the 29th. But I had an enjoyable time with my relatives there.

And you my dear? Did you have a nice holiday? Write back to me, because I’d love to hear all about what your holiday was like.

Yours,
Jar Nue Maing

Comments